Turmeric milk benefits:
Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and rejuvenating properties of turmeric can be made to use only when you add the right amount of it to milk. Read here to know health benefits of drinking turmeric milk every night.
Turmeric milk: Add a pinch of turmeric to a cup of milk and have it at night to sleep well.
Turmeric milk benefits: Do you have turmeric milk or turmeric latte (as it is popularly called), every night?
Well, there is not one but many reasons why you must have the age-old time-tested turmeric milk every night.
From inducing better sleep to boosting immunity and aiding better recovery, a cup of turmeric milk can take you a long way in terms of achieving good health.
Celeb nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar believes that you must have a cup of turmeric milk every night.
However, the key is to make it right, using the just the right amount of turmeric. The “magic of turmeric milk lies in its use and not abuse,” writes Diwekar in her Insta post.
Turmeric Milk: Adding the right amount of turmeric is important
To make these properties work, using the right proportion of turmeric and the time at which you consume it is very important, says Diwekar.
“So if you have too much or too little of it, it won’t have any of the benefits. In fact too much can cause serious harm, from acidity, bloating to interference in iron assimilation,” she says.
Also, to reap the benefits of turmeric, it is important to consume it in the natural form.
Having a curcumin pill on an empty stomach with water or adding in-discriminating amounts of it to your food, is not going to be helpful.
“Remember, its about adopting turmeric as a part of the lifestyle and not being greedy about its benefits,” she recommends.
Health benefits of drinking turmeric milk every night
Diwekar is of the belief that you must do strength training at least once every week.
Not only will it help you build muscles, get stronger and fitter, it will also in regulating blood sugar levels.
“But for exercise to work and to continue to work, we need to recover from the stimuli of exercise.In fact we need to recover from the stimuli and stresses of daily life to make meaning of our existence,” she writes.
1. Turmeric milk can help in accelerating recovery. It makes room for the body’s repair work to work optimally.
2. A cup of turmeric milk at night can be especially beneficially for people who get restless during sleep. It can help you have a restful sleep. People whose sleep breaks multiples times for using the bathroom can also benefit by drinking a cup of turmeric milk at bedtime.
3. Turmeric, as we all know, can boost immunity. You should definitely drink turmeric milk during every season change, to protect yourself from cough, cold and flu.
4. Turmeric milk at night can improve hormonal balance. It can be helpful as a remedy for acne and unpredictable periods.
Turmeric Milk: Some interesting tips for preparation
- Just take a cup of milk and put it to a boil. Add a pinch of turmeric and some sugar/jaggery(Cane sugar in raw form) to taste. Drink it hot or warm, just before you sleep.
- If you have diabetes, heart disease or joint pain, add a pinch of nutmeg for added benefits
- Add a few cashews if you have thyroid issues, have weak joints and experience cramping in legs at night
- If you feel low on energy and have acne, then add some aliv (garden cress) seeds
- A pinch of black pepper in your turmeric milk can help in dealing with sore throat and infections
- If you have lactose intolerance, add turmeric in buttermilk instead of milk.
- In case you want to avoid dairy in full totality, then have turmeric with some dry coconut and jaggery (raw form of cane sugar) in the evening around 4 or 5 pm.