One-Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken & Rice recipe by @buzzfeedtasty
Makes 6 servings
-1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 yellow onion, diced
-2 poblano peppers, chopped
-2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
-2 ½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
-1 lime, juiced
-14 ½ oz canned cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
-2 diced tomatoes
-1 ½ cups jasmine rice, uncooked, rinsed
-½ teaspoon salt
-¼ teaspoon pepper
-3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. In a skillet, heat a small amount of oil on medium–high heat. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cook the chicken thoroughly, about 6-8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add remaining olive oil to the skillet. Add onion and peppers and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, lime juice, black beans, tomatoes, rice, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
6. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is cooked through.
7. Add chicken back to the pot. Add cilantro and combine.
8. Serve immediately.